Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

If Anyone's Wondering...I'm Not Dead.

No...No, I have not died. My life has just gotten unexpectedly busy. I mean, really, sometimes I sit down and I'm like "What the heck? Since when am I the kid who works 6 days a week between two part time jobs?" Yeah. That's me now.

I still have no clue what to do with my life. As in...I still know I need to get a grown-up job. But for now, I'm happy. Even though I am working 6 days a week. Which is a bummer sometimes, because I only have one day that's ALL MINE, but hey, I'm making money. And money is good.


Wow. Drawing that was like getting back on a bike after 5 years. And...sadly, yes, I know how that feels. I rode a bike about a month ago for the first time since I graduated high school. Which was five years ago. I about died. Pathetic, I know. But hey, at least I did it. I should probably do it more often. Seeing as one of my New Year's Resolutions was to work out. And I was doing pretty well with that for a while. But now...not so much. And everyday I'm waking up and thinking, "Dang...I should work out today." And then I don't. People, please scream at me in the comments. If I have a whole lot of shiny comments on my blog, maybe I'll feel more motivated. (To work out AND to blog more! *wink wink*)

Maybe I can motivate myself to work out tonight after I get home from working my second job. Well...after I get home and before I go to bed at probably nine freaking o'clock. I have to open at Biggby tomorrow. Which means I have to be at work at 5:45. Which means I have to leave my house by 5:15. Which means I need to be up and out of bed at 4:45 at the latest. I'm so not a morning person, so I am dreading this terribly. Also, tomorrow is supposed to be an insanely busy morning, so...hurray. I am overflowing with enthusiasm. The good thing is, I work at a coffee shop. So I can have myself some coffee when I get to work! But dang 4:45 is freaking early...I used to STAY UP until 5am just for the heck of it. Now I'm thinking "Wow, I have to wake up early tomorrow. I should be in bed by 9." It makes me feel old.


Oh well. I'll learn to deal with the early mornings I guess. But it makes me really sad when even my dad, who is for sure a morning guy and usually leaves for work around 5:45 every day, says to me "Wow. That's early. Good luck." Ugh. Thanks, dad. The good news is, I don't have to do this on a regular basis. But still...it's early.

In addition to working six days a week and not exercising, I recently helped plan and host a baby shower for my cousin, which turned out far better than I had imagined in my head. I'm not really a hosty person. I'd much rather sit back and attend the shower than be the one standing in front of everyone and explaining how everything's going to go down. But a bunch of people there told me I did a great job, so that was good.

The next big project I'm really excited about is that my mom asked me to redecorate our guest room! So I'll be putting my interior design skills (Ha!) to use in the near future. It's not a huge job, but I will be repainting and getting a new bedspread and such. It needs a refresher, so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll remember to take photos of the before, during, and after, and I can share them all with you lovely people.

So, this post is pretty wordy, but I just wanted you all to know I'm still alive. Also sad that I haven't been a better blogger. But hopefully that will change soon.

2 comments:

  1. I understand, sometimes we just don't have time at all to write a post, even if we really want to. I'm glad you're doing fine and that you have found decorating a new way to have fun. Good luck.

    Sofia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a blogging "reincarnation" myself. It's tough to keep it up amid all the other goings-on in life!

    ReplyDelete