Pages

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Is This Thing Still On?

So...I realize it's been FIVE FREAKING YEARS since I've posted a single word to this blog. And holy crap does THAT make me feel old. As one might imagine, a lot has happened in that span of time. There have been many times over the years (Side note: using the phrase "over the years" just reaffirms how old I feel) that I've wistfully thought to myself, "hey...I remember that blog. I should write again..." only to immediately move on to some other thing. Today, I again had that thought, and I finally followed through with it. Considering what I named this blog at its inception, I did so for an appropriate reason. It's because I realized something about myself. A trait I had hoped would disappear after college, but alas, it did not. It's this: my motivation is directly and negatively correlated with the amount of things I need to do.


It's been a lazy Saturday at my house, which is great. I love lazy Saturdays! But eventually, after sitting around for most of the day, I decided I would do something. Anything. And then I started thinking of all the things I could do. Which in turn led me to think of all the things I should do, followed by an immediate absence of any desire to do anything. And then I thought...


Those are definitely fireworks, by the way. And I'm pleased to see I haven't entirely lost my drawing skills! (Not that I really had any to begin with...)

Being in need of a good form of procrastination, this seemed like the only appropriate action to take. So here it is, my re-entry into the blog world. It's a short post, and I only included one drawing (unless you count that graph I guess) but it was refreshing. And considering how much I didn't do today, I'll probably be back really soon. Lots more procrastination to achieve! Besides, I have five years of stories I can tell! There are so many fun things that have happened! I bought a house! I got a cat! I quit my job! I got MARRIED! (I can't wait to bring in cartoon husband. He'll love that I'm sure. Mehehe...) And so much more. I don't know if anyone is still out there reading this, but if you're there, thanks for coming back! I hope you keep sticking around, because it feels good to be doing this again. 

P.S. Ironically, two days ago I decided I need to drink more water on a daily basis. Obviously it was unconscious, real-life foreshadowing that I would come back to this blog. Dehydration...get it?! Man...this is going to be great.

1 comment: